top of page

Travel Advantage

The passport of St. Kitts & Nevis gives its citizens access to 145 countries, including in addition to the Schengen states, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore and Brazil. Canada has also granted a partial visa waiver to St. Kitts & Nevis citizens


After sustained and meaningful dialogue between the governments of Canada and St. Kitts and Nevis, the visa requirement imposed on nationals of St. Kitts and Nevis in 2014 has been partially lifted, clearing the way for easier movement of people between our two countries.  

In essence, the policy applies to the following categories of nationals:  

  1. Those who have had a Canadian visa over the past ten (10) years, and 

  2. Those who have a current non-immigrant US Visa.  


The above categories of nationals are required to apply online for an electronic  travel authorization (ETA) (, for which a response is usually received the same day. This is the case with European nationals.  

First time applicants or persons who do not have a US or Canadian Visa are still required to apply for a visa to enter Canada. 


In 2009, the St Kitts and Nevis government signed a visa-waiver agreement with the Schengen member countries which allows a St Kitts and Nevis citizen to visit the Schengen countries without a visa for the period of three months within a six month period following the date of first entry into any EU country.

St. Kitts and Nevis citizens are able to visit the United Kingdom for up to 6 months (or 3 months if they enter from the Republic of Ireland) without the need to apply for a visa as long as they fulfil all of the following criteria:

  • they do not work during their stay in the UK

  • they must not register a marriage or register a civil partnership during their stay in the UK

  • they can present evidence of sufficient money to fund their stay in the UK (if requested by the border inspection officer)

  • they intend to leave the UK at the end of their visit and can meet the cost of the return/onward journey

Live and work in Caricom & the OECS

St. Kitts and Nevis citizens wishing to live and work in another CARICOM State should obtain a CSME Skills Certificate. This must be presented at Immigration in the receiving country along with a valid passport and a police certificate of character. Holders of certificates are given a maximum of six months stay in the host country until their status and documents could be verified. Additional documents are required if travelling with spouse and/or dependants such as Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.

The Free Movement of persons in the Eastern Caribbean is limited to a space known as the OECS Economic Union (ECEU). The OECS Economic Union or the ECEU was established on June 18th 2010 through the signing of the Revised Treaty of Basseterre (RTB). It constitutes a single financial and economic space within which all factors of production including goods, services, capital, enterprises and people are able to move freely throughout the Economic Union Area which comprises seven (7) Protocol Member States: Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. The key elements of the free movement of persons in the OECS Economic Union include the following: ✫ Indefinite Stay: OECS Citizens and their family members (spouse and dependents) can live in any Protocol Memeber State Indefinitely receiving an indefinite stay stamp upon arrival (OECS Free Movement Indefinite Stay Stamp) ✫ Hassle-free Travel: OECS Citizens can travel with the ECEU with a government issued ID such as a driver’s license, national identification card and voter cards. Mutual Recognition of Driver’s License - OECS Citizens can also drive within any Protocol Member State using a valid driver’s license issued by their home country. ✫ No Work Permit: OECS Citizens and their third-country spouse can work in any Protocol Member State without obtaining a work permit. ✫ Social Security: OECS Citizens and their spouse are entitled to the portability of both long-term and short-term social security benefits. ✫ Contingent Rights: OECS Citizens and their spouse and dependent(s) (including those of a third-country nationality) have equal access to numerous rights and freedoms with respect to employment, education, healthcare and social protection withinin the host Protocol Member State when they move between Member States. of residence. These are fully expressed in the OECS Contingent Rights Policy.

Consular protection of St. Kitts and Nevis citizens abroad

St. Kitts and Nevis citizens who require consular assistance in a foreign country where there is no St. Kitts and Nevis foreign mission may be able to request assistance from a British Embassy, high commission or consulate. For example, a citizen of St. Kitts and Nevis who need to travel urgently and whose passport has expired, been lost or stolen can be issued with an emergency travel document by a British foreign mission as long as this has cleared with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saint Kitts and Nevis.

  •  🇨🇦 Canada

    • Ottawa (High Commission)

  •  🇨🇺 Cuba

    • Havana (Embassy)

  •  🇺🇸 United States

    • Washington, D.C. (Embassy)

    • Los Angeles (Consulate-General)

    • New York City (Consulate-General)

bottom of page